Stockyard’s Kerwee feedlot is a 20,200 head modern cattle facility located at Jondaryan, Queensland.
As part of the Stockyard Group of companies Kerwee is part of a vertically integrated family owned and operated beef supply chain providing Australia’s most awarded beef domestically and internationally.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us during a significant phase of growth. Our ideal applicant has a passion for animals and is meticulous about the wellbeing and welfare of our cattle.
We are looking for a responsible and dedicated team member to provide care for our livestock.
Ensure that production systems adhere to all statutory regulations and Kerwee’s Quality Assurance systems
Care for all livestock onsite maintaining the highest possible welfare outcomes for our animals
Oversee, and assist management in ensuring the following operations are conducted efficiently and effectively
1) Handling the welfare of all animals in our care
2) Monitoring health and providing treatments when required to our cattle
3) Stock inventory control and record keeping
4) Monitoring of KPI’s, daily activities and health benchmarks
Oversee, and assist to ensure that the following functions are recorded in the appropriate system
1) Daily cattle checks in relation to animal health
2) Induction of cattle, including correct procedures
3) Treatment of hospital cattle
4) Drafting and weighing and selection of cattle
5) Cattle internal movements
6) Exiting cattle
7) General livestock duties including trough cleaning and pen maintenance
Assistance to fellow team members where possible and ensure safe work practices are maintained
Monitor and report on capital equipment (including yards, fences, water systems, vet gear, vehicles) to ensure that adequate preventative and breakdown maintenance is carried out for this purpose
Participate in general feedlot and property activities as required
Communicate well with the General Manager and Livestock Supervisor to ensure daily and weekly schedules are planned effectively
Essential to this role will be:
The ability to embrace our core values of passion, diligence, leadership, respect and integrity
Time management and communication skills
Be willing to work within a diverse team of individuals
Willingness to follow Workplace Health and Safety and environmental systems
Attractive remuneration would be offered based on experience and qualifications.
Please send your applications (including cover letter and resume) and the role you are applying for via the form below.