We are on the hunt for 2 team members to join our Livestock Team at Jondaryan, QLD as a pen rider.
About the JobStockyard Lot Feeders “Kerwee Feedlot” is located outside Jondaryan (50km west of Toowoomba, 46km east of Dalby) we are currently seeking Pen Riders. These roles undertake a range of intensive feedlot activities including:
- Low stress cattle handling
- Livestock movements.
- Inducting/drafting cattle following management procedures.
- Pen Riding, diagnosing animals ill health with a strong emphasis on animal welfare.
- Weighing and scanning of incoming and exit cattle.
- Administering treatment to sick cattle.
- Maintaining accurate daily records, including data entry using StockaID and FY3000
- General feedlot duties including maintaining compliance with workplace health and safety and environmental systems, inventory control, water trough cleaning and general cleaning.
About YouYou’ll share our passion for our cattle and our commitment to the health, welfare and wellbeing of people and our animals, you’ll be positive, reliable, self-motivated team player with the following attributes:
- Cattle handling experience.
- Horse riding experience.
- Sound work horses.
- Attention to detail.
- Good time management.
- Ability to follow instructions policies and procedures.
- Team player.
- Work a 10/4 roster.
- Manual driver’s license.
- Experience within a similar work environment would be highly regarded (but not essential) as well as knowledge of and ability to work within workplace health and safety and environmental systems.
You should be a keen learner and looking to progress your skills and improve our feedlot performance.
What’s in it for you:Our focus is to create an environment in which our team can succeed so we’re committed to investing in our people and providing them with a safe, happy work environment. In this role you will have access to benefits such as:
- Competitive salary package based on experience.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering professional counselling service that can work with you on issues that are affecting you personally or professionally.
- Employee discounts on Australia’s most awarded branded beef
- Investment in professional development
- Huge role diversity in terms of scope, execution and future stretch opportunities including avenues to explore other areas of the business.
- A supportive environment where great work and effort is recognised and rewarded.
Please send your applications (including cover letter and resume) and the role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.